sábado, 3 de novembro de 2012

Have you ever gotten tired of yourself?



            Have you ever gotten tired of your looks, your favorite songs and even your favorite friends? Have you already gotten to that stage in your life when everything which once seemed to be so much fun seems to you utterly uninteresting and you can’t help but feel bored whenever you’re alone?
            I believe I’m in this stage of my life as you read this post. Most college classes don’t cheer me up any longer, many books don’t seem to interest  me much, music is okay but it’s nothing  that really touches me or makes me cry in the middle of the night, and even my favorite food has become somewhat tasteless and my looks have never looked plainer to me.
            I don’t know if you’re in the same situation as me, but in my case there isn’t much to be done, I suppose. The only way for me is “to pull the Madonna” and to reinvent myself.  From now on, I will buy different types of clothes ( and hopefully they’ll look good on me), I will go to different restaurants  and taste different flavors of ice-cream, I will even try taking different paths in my love life, all so I  can feel alive again. So I can feel my blood running through my veins and reminding me that I am not a lifeless corpse sitting on a couch.
             I guess you’re never too old for reinvention. Maybe this sheer boredom that every so often comes unto us is a sign that we can never settle to being something definite. How sad would the world be, should we only have to be one type of person from cradle to tomb? I don’t want to be this person who gets a college degree, worse yet, a high school degree and keeps that same old drab job from his graduation day until the day he retires from the same position he/she got 40 years ago.
             I want to be someone new with every year that comes by, with every book that I read, and most of all, I want to be someone who will always be able to surprise both myself and the people around me during every day of my life.

=)


4 comentários:

  1. You know, I'm afraid I'll age just to become one of those crabby old people whose only joy in life is to complain about life and how people used to be different.

    ResponderExcluir
  2. Thá, I'm afraid I'm already that old crab in the inside.

    ResponderExcluir
  3. It's probably impossible to keep your mood unaffected by routine and the boredom which it inevitably brings about. Maybe you should engage in a new project. Ever considered taking part in NaNoWriMo? Its 2012 edition has just started.

    ResponderExcluir

Tags 3

Pages - Menu

Tags 4

Popular posts

Seguidores

About Me

Minha foto
Just an ESL teacher who might make some difference in this world... A world that is already plagued with indiference, prejudice and all sorts of bad things... Anyway, I hope you enjoy this blog and what it's got to offer.

Blogger templates

Tags 2

Tags 1