quinta-feira, 27 de outubro de 2011

Expression of the day: Extration meaning "family background"


 As I was reading about the Gullah people I came across a very nice expression and I'll be writing a bit about it! The expression of the day is  "extraction"  and it means "descent"; this is something I found so interesting that I had to share! As an example, let me use this one : " That actress is of french extraction" I know it sounds silly ( the example)  but I found it a nice piece of vocab and worthy-sharing with my students. See y'all!

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário

Tags 3

Pages - Menu

Tags 4

Popular posts

Seguidores

About Me

Minha foto
Just an ESL teacher who might make some difference in this world... A world that is already plagued with indiference, prejudice and all sorts of bad things... Anyway, I hope you enjoy this blog and what it's got to offer.

Blogger templates

Tags 2

Tags 1