sexta-feira, 14 de outubro de 2011

New words coming!!!!

                       Dear readers, I’m not sure if you've realized  it, but I’ve got this secret (or maybe not so secret) passion for learning different words and expressions in English and this obsession has led me to the study of big words that are (usually) only found in literary texts. This Thursday I was in my English 6 class and a friend of mine, Patricia, knowing about my little interest in more complex vocabulary, advised me to write a blog listing all the difficult words I came across as a learner of EFL. Because not only would it be productive for me but also to many people, namely my friends ( lol), I acquiesced to her opinion and started thinking about writing a section in my blog on rarely-used words in English.
                       As a homage to my friend, the first word to be presented is “wherewithal”. Patricia showed us this word this week and its definition is as it follows: “the necessary means, especially financial means to do something  (http://www.thefreedictionary.com/wherewithal)”. Therefore, I believe that every and single person has the wherewithal to access this blog since it’s free (unless you don’t have any internet connection or computer at home) and easy to be found. Anyway, this is it for this week! I don’t know which word I should talk about next. Maybe it will be “conundrum” since Patricia loves this word and this week’s section is entirely dedicated to her… Anyway, I still have a whole week to think about which word to share. See you next week!

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário

Tags 3

Pages - Menu

Tags 4

Popular posts

Seguidores

About Me

Minha foto
Just an ESL teacher who might make some difference in this world... A world that is already plagued with indiference, prejudice and all sorts of bad things... Anyway, I hope you enjoy this blog and what it's got to offer.

Blogger templates

Tags 2

Tags 1